Geez, I went more than a year without a blog post. FAIL. I get on here all the time to check other blogs I follow, but haven't even glanced at mine in forever. Well, today I've decided to resurrect it from the dead. First I went back and read over my old posts. W.O.W. It's amazing to me how much my life has changed in the past year. Notable ch-ch-ch-changes that have taken place:
- I mentioned in a previous post that Jason and I were house hunting way back in April 2009. In late October of the same year, we found our dream house. I had mentioned that we were looking for "with at least 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a decent sized yard. Also, we'd prefer a basement, but that's not a necessity". Well, we found all that and more at an amazing price. On December 18th, 2009 we became the proud owners of a 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom, 2 living room, 2,400 sq. foot home with an enormous backyard, huge double-leveled deck and a full basement. LOL. Being a homeowner has proven to be a massive amount of work, but let me tell you, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Good riddance landlords, rentals and throwing away money!
- Also in December of '09, Jason proposed to me. :) It was completely unexpected and my exact first words to him when he got down on one knee with a ring were "What? Really? Are you serious?" Haha! We both knew we'd like to get married at some point, but I never expected it to be anytime in the next couple years. Now the big day will be October 9, 2010....only 46 days away!
- Looking at another old post, I no longer work 4 jobs. Haha, I can't believe I did that as long as I did! Actually, later that fall, I was in fact working 5 jobs at once when I taught a class at EKU. Fortunatly, all that ended in January of 2010 when I was hired by the Justice and Safety Center at EKU as a Research Analyst. I quickly quit all the other jobs (except the teaching) and now work M-F, 8-4:30 and make much more with one job than I did with all 5 other jobs combined. It's a wonderful job that I've been at for almost 9 months now with great people, work, hours and benefits. I couldn't have asked for a better way to begin my career.
Anyhoo, I want to use this space to begin tracking my progress with big changes I've been making in my life over the past year and new goals including, but not limited to:
- Work we're doing on our new house
- Up-coming married life (wow, that trips me out just thinking about it!)
- My new healthy living lifestyle and weight-loss
- My continued spiritual journey of finding love and happiness in myself, my family, my friends, the world, the environment and the Universe
- My on-going study of astrology.
- My future plans to pursue a law degree.
- Up-coming travel plans we're working on
- And any other randomness that enters my head.
Stay tuned...I have big things eventually planned for this blog. :)