Monday, April 13, 2009

Brand Spankin' New

After many annoying attempts to maintain a blog on MySpace (the most user-unfriendly blog on the planet), I've decided to look elsewhere, hence my new appearance here. I've always loved to write in journals, detailing and preserving memories and events from my life, but tend to get lazy and not write for long spans of time. Since I spend the majority of my day at work in front of a computer screen and can type much faster than I write, I figured, what the heck? It's internet blog time, baby.

Because it's late, I have to work early tomorrow and I've spent all my night on the couch playing X-Box 360, I don't have time for well-thought out, clever post. So you guys just get some random thoughts for now.

- Rock of Love with Bret Michaels, the season finale. Did Captain bandana seriously pick Penthouse Pet/stripper extraordinaire/fake eyebrows Taya over the sweet/sexy/country girl Mindy? Yep. I sense a Rock of Love 4 coming on.....and yes, I will watch it because i'm hopelessly addicted to trashy, stupid reality television.

-Weezer. What an amazing, incredible band. I've been listening to them all night and have such a deep respect for Rivers Cuomo and the rest of the group. I love all the variety to their music. They have fun songs, like Hashpipe and Pork and Beans. They have incredibly sweet and surprisingly tender love songs like Across the Sea, Smile and El Scorcho. They have songs that speak to your inner geek like In the Garage. Heck, they even have songs that sound like 5 songs in one, with The Greatest Man That Ever Lived. I just love 'em. I mean anyone who has the line "Watching Grunge leg drop New-Jack through a press table" in one of their songs is awesome. That type of cool lyrics are right up there with the "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" level of greatness. Rock on Weezer.

- Five days ago, I bought my Bulldog, Gimli, a new tire toy to replace the old one after he decided it was time to go to the great dog toy basket in the sky. The tire is really durable, but has two thick ropes hanging off each end. Well, with the original, he chewed them off and ate them, only to later puke them up. They looked like big red chunks and I thought he somehow managed to cough up a kidney. Gross. So cut to tonight. He's managed to chew off the new green ropes from the toy. I chase him around trying to get them away from him. I fail and he swallows them. A few hours later there is a big pile of puke with a green, half-digested rope in it. Double gross. Ahh Gimli, my cute little boneheaded dog who doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Well, i'm off to bed for now, but tomorrow i'm telling you guys about the ghost in my house. Seriously. It's interesting stuff. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Bulldog named Gimli? That is freakin' cool! Now you need a cat named Legolas to make them the ultimate odd couple! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I figured Bulldogs and dwarves had a lot in common, they are both strong, compact, stout and stubborn! The name just fit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete